Remapping Mac modifier keys on Emacs 23.3
I just switched from Carbon Emacs (which is old Emacs 22.x) to Emacs for OS X Modified on my Mac (which is a Cocoa app, and Emacs 23.3).
One of the unwelcome changes was that the Emacs 'Meta' modifier is now by default mapped to the Option key and not Command as before. But this gave me the opportunity to learn how to map the Mac keyboard modifier keys arbitrarily. I now have the following in my .emacs:
I'm documenting it here just in case someone (or my future self, when I need to redo my configuration at some point) finds it useful.
- My blogging setup with Emacs, Org mode, ox-hugo, Hugo, GitLab and Netlify
- How to easily create and use human-readable IDs in Org mode and Doom Emacs
- New release of Publishing with Emacs, Org-mode and Leanpub
- My Doom Emacs configuration, with commentary
- How to insert screenshots in Org documents on macOS
- New book: Publishing with Emacs, Org-mode and Leanpub
- Beautifying Org Mode in Emacs
- My Emacs Configuration, With Commentary
- Spotlight: use-package, a declarative configuration tool - Mastering Emacs
- Fixing Emacs problems with the fish shell
- Emulate vi's % command (jump to matching parenthesis) in Emacs
- Installing AucTeX on EmacsW32 on Win7/64bit